<Enter> causes name to be resolved

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

<Enter> causes name to be resolved

Patrick Jox

Hi,
I am experiencing some strange behaviour. I have a contactitem with several AdxOlForms which are displayed in inspector region. One form has a multiline textbox. On startup the "normal" contact page is displayed an the "Name" button is focused.

Now I switch to my custom forms. Enter some text in the multiline textbox and press enter. In this moment the name resolve dialog pops up.

What is wrong here? It must be possible to enter a crlf in multiline textbox?

Kind regards
Patrick
Posted 13 Aug, 2009 15:47:44 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hi Patrick,

I cannot reproduce this issue in my Outlook 2007.
What version of Outlook do you use?
And what version and build number of Add-in Express do you use?
Posted 14 Aug, 2009 08:08:02 Top
Patrick Jox

I am working with

- Outlook 2007 (MSO 12.0.6504.5000) SP2 (MSO 12.0.6425.1000)
- AddinExpress 2009. Don't know which build

Where can I get this information from? Looking in the bin folder I see Assemblies dating form Juli 10 and August 03 2009. This behavior shows up on both debug and runtime.

Regards
Patrick
Posted 14 Aug, 2009 09:23:58 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Patrick,

Could you please test http://www.add-in-express.com/files/projects/adx-x-ol-5-multilinetextbox_test_5_5882.zip and let me know about the result.

You can find the AddinExpress build in the AddinModule About window. Right click on the AddinModule and select the About item.

Could you please send a screenshot with the dialog to the support email (see readme.txt file)?
Posted 14 Aug, 2009 11:22:39 Top
Patrick Jox

Hi Fedor,
your example works fine as long as I am using it with standard (non customized) contact forms. As soon as I am opening an customized contactform this behaviour occurs also.

Same thing with my add-in.

I am using Add-In Express 2009 Version 5.1.2022 Standard. I am not sure which dialog you want to have screen shoted. I assume it's that with the about information. I'll send this to the support address.

Kind regards
Patrick
Posted 14 Aug, 2009 15:20:49 Top
Patrick Jox

OK did some further tests. If you are working with a customized form with no real customizations your add-in works. Not real customization means the outlook standard contact was opened and published under a new messageclass. This still works.

As soon as you do some customizations i.e. add a new control on the first page and republish this you can see the descriped behaviour.

I created two samples
addinExpress.oft which will work fine and addinExpress2.oft which won't.

I send both to the support address.

Kind reagards
Patrick
Posted 14 Aug, 2009 15:35:34 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Thanks Patrick,

I have reproduced the issue and we will fix it ASAP.

Do you get the same dialog (popup menu) as in the image when press Enter?

User added an image

Posted 17 Aug, 2009 08:08:26 Top
Patrick Jox

popup.Hi Fedor,
thanks for the status update.

Which dialog will display depends on which control on the contacts standard page had the focus before displaying the adxOlForm. In your case it was one of the telephonenumber selectors. If I activate it before showing my page, yes I get the same popup. If it's any other control I see what happens when clicking on it.

Kind regards
Patrick
Posted 17 Aug, 2009 11:51:36 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Patrick,

Thank you for the explanation.
Posted 17 Aug, 2009 13:21:00 Top
Patrick Jox

Hello,
did you allready fix this problem?

Kind regards
Patrick