Toolbar not visible in IE

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Toolbar not visible in IE
Toolbar does not get displayed in IE 
Amitkumar Dave

Hi,

I have created a small toolbar for IE. When i try to install on a machine the toolbar does not get displayed nor it is listed in list of toolbar. But my toolbar gets listed in add ins loaded by IE.

When i install toolbar like google toolbar or Yahoo toolbar my toolbar automatically gets displayed without any code change or reinstall. But if i do not install it my toolbar does not get displayed.

Once I install the google toolbar and my toolbar gets started on IE , and if I remove google toolbar my toolbar still gets displayed. So my issue is that on a machine with a IE7 without any toolbar and if I install toolbar it does not gets displayed and there is no error anywhere logged nor displayed. As soon as I install some toolbar like google my toolbar gets displayed .

I have tried to restart IE and even machine to see if it works but no luck.

Please help me.

Browser : IE 7

Amitkumar Dave
Posted 07 Jan, 2009 07:58:01 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hello Amitkumar,

Could you send a sample add-on project which can reproduce the issue to the support e-mail address (see readme.txt)?
Posted 08 Jan, 2009 09:55:25 Top
Amitkumar Dave

Hi

This happens with any toolbar project even a simple toolbar with a button without any thing on code does not get displayed unless i install google toolbar.

Please help me

Thanks and regards
Amitkumar Dave
Posted 08 Jan, 2009 10:08:15 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Amitkumar,

Could you organize a remote access to your PC?
Posted 08 Jan, 2009 10:09:52 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Amitkumar,

BTW Do you use Add-in Express?
Posted 08 Jan, 2009 10:10:34 Top
Amitkumar Dave

Hi

I have to check with my boss about remote access to the PC. Do you have any suggestion to look into before i try to arrange the remote desktop as it will be little complicated here.

Yes I use the add in express 2008 for IE standard edition and i am working on a fairly complex toolbar project. Thanks to your wonderful component I got most of the part done quickly but unfortunately I got this trouble bubbled up , initially on my machine and subsequently to other people whom i have given toolbar for review.

Thanks and regards
Amitkumar Dave
Posted 08 Jan, 2009 10:19:04 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Amitkumar,

Can you reproduce the issue with a newly created add-on?
Posted 08 Jan, 2009 10:35:32 Top
Amitkumar Dave

Yes,

I get this trouble with newly created toolbar as well. In our restricted area we can not have RDP so I have a 2 MB video showing this problem, let me know where i can send it. This video will help you to see the issue.

Amitkumar Dave
Posted 08 Jan, 2009 11:41:13 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Amitkumar,

Could you organize a remote access to your PC?
Posted 08 Jan, 2009 11:53:22 Top
Amitkumar Dave

Hi,

In our restricted area we can not have RDP. I have mailed you the code and the video on support email if you can make out something from it and help me out because i have to deliver the system by end of this month and this issue is really creating trouble for me.

Thanks and regards
Amitkumar Dave
Posted 08 Jan, 2009 11:58:20 Top