Error attempting to use command bar in Microsoft Access

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Error attempting to use command bar in Microsoft Access

Joseph menter

Hello, I've written an add-in using Add-in-Express 2.1 that works great with Excel.

I'm now trying to modify it to work in Access 2003 also. When Access starts up I get an error message "You must have a database open to create custom toolbars, and the database can't be read-only.". This occurs on the call to InternalAddCmdBar function in the adxaddinmodule.cs module.

Is there a way around this error that activates the toolbar when a database is open?

Also, I've tried to log into the premium area to download the 2.2 premium build and I get an access denied error. I bought the professional version, is there something else I have to do to get access to newer builds?

Thanks,

Joe
Posted 01 Jun, 2005 13:30:30 Top
Ryan Farley

Joe,

Sorry I can't help with the error in Access, I haven't used ADX in Access - but to download ADX 2.2 go to the downloads area instead of the premium area (see http://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/)

-Ryan
Posted 01 Jun, 2005 13:48:24 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ryan.

Thank you for help.
Posted 01 Jun, 2005 14:43:01 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Joe.

The fact is that Access stores its command bars in databases. ADX 2.1 has some restrictions relating to Access. We fixed this issue in 2.2 version. Please download the latest ADX build and try again.
Posted 01 Jun, 2005 14:49:33 Top