webviews and navigation pane extensions

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

webviews and navigation pane extensions
possible to assign webview to nav pane extension? 
Christopher Cardinal

My addin creates a nav pane extension (below the current nav bar)and places there a tree control for navigation to my own data. i'd like to, upon selection, invoke a webview for it such that the data is presented in the Explorer list (like the email list does when clicking on Inbox folder). I know it can be done with folders with the personal folders tree - can it be done with arbitrary extensions?
Posted 16 Oct, 2008 10:34:24 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Christopher,

I think yes. Please have a look at the http://www.add-in-express.com/support/add-in-express-howto.php page at our web site. See the 12 item.
Posted 16 Oct, 2008 13:30:07 Top
Christopher Cardinal

eugene

i looked at your how-tos (Item 15 actually) and can see the clever trick you guys are doing (using the webview page of the outbox).

Couple of questions though:

1. can i have multiple versions of the webview page? i.e. i have tree view with multiple nodes....
2. even in your example, the header bar is not hidden (i.e. Inbox or Sent Mail or whatever). The form is indeed invoked but the header is not hidden. is there a way to do this as well?

Posted 20 Oct, 2008 17:23:37 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Christopher,

1. You can have multiple views for a folder.
2. Unfortunately there is no way.
Posted 21 Oct, 2008 05:34:18 Top
Christopher Cardinal

Eugene,

One more related question. Since i've included some of your sample code (item 15), i can't seem to get the folders (of mail type specifically) to revert BACK to showing in a normal way i.e. not the webpaneview.

I've commented out all the code, changed the properties on the folders themselves and still no go... I know it's tied to the WebViewOn folder properties but cant find how/why it is being set.

As well, ALL of the mail type folders are using the same webpaneview form - EVEN if i explicitly set the folder property on my extension to just 2 custom folders....

perplexed....

Posted 22 Oct, 2008 10:29:23 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Christopher,

What version and build number of Add-in Express do you use?
Posted 22 Oct, 2008 14:03:41 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Christopher,

Note that context-related properties of an ADXOlFormsCollectionItem are processed using the OR logical operator. That is, the behavior can be caused by setting ExplorerItemTypes to AddinExpress.OL.ADXOlExplorerItemTypes.olMailItem.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 23 Oct, 2008 06:43:21 Top