OutlookCalendarProvider or OutlookContactProvider type functionality?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

OutlookCalendarProvider or OutlookContactProvider type functionality?

Julia Case

Is it possible to do something like

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/odc_ol2003_ta/html/odc_OLOutlookCalendar.asp

with Add-In-Express?

Julia
Posted 17 Feb, 2005 10:12:21 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Julia,

As far as I understand this acticle describes how a custom ASP.NET application communicates with Outlook. Add-in Express .NET helps you develop add-ins for Office applications and it doesn't work with SharePoint Services.
Posted 17 Feb, 2005 12:51:46 Top
Julia Case

Yes, the article talks about using Sharepoint is a sort of intermediate method. Sharepoint provides a Web service with information, and there is a built in plugin for Outlook that consumes that web service.

What I would like to do is is have a set of contact or calendar events that is brought in from a remote data location (be it a web service or a database) that is indendent on the source, and doesn't need to be manually synced.

I guess in the end, what I wish to do is write a more generic way of doing what the Outlook plugin does.

Note to self: Am I making sense?

Julia
Posted 18 Feb, 2005 10:25:01 Top
Eugene Starostin

Hello Julia,

Thank you for your idea. We should discuss this.

However, we have just started some projects with SharePoint that will allow us to examine all solutions related Outlook and SharePoint. Perhaps we will be able to find the points that need our intervention.

Thank you.
Posted 21 Feb, 2005 13:49:35 Top
Eugene Starostin

BTW. I see SharePoint is your favorite :-)
Posted 21 Feb, 2005 13:50:29 Top