Example for "How to trap the new mail event" for Outlook

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Example for "How to trap the new mail event" for Outlook

ajay.m@directi.com

Hi ,

I was running through the product road map of Addin Express Extensions(http://www.add-in-express.com/productroadmap.php#ADX.OL) and bumped into this line : "Several Extended MAPI-based components will provide MAPI-based events and solve the "How to trap the new mail event" for keeps."
Is there a place where i can find an example where this is actually demonstrated ? and/or A document which lists which extended mapi components is the release supporting ?
Also could i be able to manipulate things like headers of the mail etc. without having to use another third party wrapper (like redemption) for doing so ? If yes would this have a security implication (i.e. Outlook popping up the security dialog to the end user).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ajay.M
Posted 21 Feb, 2007 06:27:13 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ajay.

I am working on this component now. It will be released in a couple of weeks or so. In the first release the component will connect to MAPI events only.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 21 Feb, 2007 12:20:14 Top
ajay.m@directi.com

Hi Sergey,

Thanks to your quick response and the new MAPI store accessor component, we've successfully been able to hook into the New Mail event in a much cleaner way. Just wanted to enquire as to when you're planning the next release of the MAPI store accessor, and whether it would provide capabilities to manipulate mail headers. Eagerly looking forward the the next release, including this feature...

Thanks in advance,
Ajay M.
Posted 10 May, 2007 07:47:45 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ajay.

I think we will publish a new version in a month.
Posted 10 May, 2007 08:27:37 Top
ajay.m@directi.com

Hey Sergey!

its been just over a month since your last post...we're still eagerly awaiting the new version of the MAPIStoreAccessor... any updates on the new version? when is it due for release and does it support setting headers directly on a mail?
Posted 11 Jun, 2007 09:52:34 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Ajay, I am working on a new version of Add-in Express for .NET and VSTO.
So I am very busy now.
You will get our newsletter when a new version of the component is published.
Posted 11 Jun, 2007 10:29:27 Top
ajay.m@directi.com

thanks for the prompt reply, and i understand that you must be totally busy, but any hints as to when that might be?
Posted 11 Jun, 2007 10:31:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Ajay,

We try to release it this week. However, there could be some unexpected delays.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 Jun, 2007 11:21:34 Top
ajay.m@directi.com

Thanks again for your prompt response. Really appreciate the help you people provide in your forums. Eagerly awaiting the release...
Posted 11 Jun, 2007 12:26:30 Top