Installing Add-In Express 2007 Standard on Visual C# 2005 Express

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Installing Add-In Express 2007 Standard on Visual C# 2005 Express
No such option and Visual Studio 2005 is grayed out 
Fernando Madruga

You say on the product description that it works on Visual C# Express. How?

I installed and already ran Visual C# Express and I downloaded http://www.add-in-express.com/bitrix/redirect.php?event1=download&event2=adx.net&event3=&goto=/files/adx2netsetup/adxnet-v303-b1867-vs-std.zip.

When trying to install, all options are grayed out except for Borland Delphi 2006 (which I also have installed on this machine, although without the .net personality).

Any special step needed to install on VC# 2005?

Later,
Fernando Madruga
Posted 19 Feb, 2007 12:01:19 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Fernando.

At the moment, only old version of the Add-in Express product supports VC# 2005 Express.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 20 Feb, 2007 06:25:11 Top
Fernando Madruga

And I can see that the new version (and maybe the old one too) *do not* support C# under BDS 2006, right?

I've bought the new .net version a couple days ago and I was planning on using C# and as it is, unless I buy some expensive new IDE, I won't be able too.

Do you have any timeframe for when this may be implemented? Or a download location + valid key to start using the previous version? (I assume the key for the 2007 version won't work on previous versions). You can mail me that info if needed, just note that I bought the .net version with a different e-mail due to share*it not liking my pobox email, but 1st/last names are the same so you should find my records easily...

And, BTW, please update your product pages properly so more people won't make the same mistake! Explicitly state that Visual C# Express and Visual Basic Express are *not* yet supported on the new (and only version available for purchase), and that C# is *not* supported on BDS 2005/2006.

Sure, you have 30 day money back, but doesn't hurt you to put those things up-front! Better than the customer making the purchase to find out (s)he has to return the product!...

Later,
Madruga
Posted 20 Feb, 2007 12:26:59 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Fernando.

And I can see that the new version (and maybe the old one too) *do not* support C# under BDS 2006, right?

Yes, correct. We are not planning to support C# under BDS 2006 in the near future.

Please download Add-in Express .NET for VC# 2005 Express here:
http://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/adxnet-old.php

I will send you the product key by email in a minute.
Posted 21 Feb, 2007 09:05:07 Top
Fernando Madruga

Thanks. I received the e-mail.

As always, your support is 1st class! :)

Later,
Madruga
Posted 21 Feb, 2007 14:04:14 Top