Add new menu to menu bar

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add new menu to menu bar

Artur Nowocin

Hi,

I found the example to add new popup menu to one of the menus on the menu bar, but I would like to add new menu to menu bar in MS Word or MS Exlec. I assume I need to know Menu Bar's ID, but I haven't found it so far.

Edit 1: I don't know exactly how, but I did it.
I added adxCommandBar then Popup menu to its controls and set AfterID to 30010 (it's ID of Help pop-up menu).

Edit 2: I noticed that Pop-up menu's ID must be set to 1. If I changed it stayed at the menu bar, but adding buttons or any adition pop-up menus did reflect in Word unless I changed ID back to 1.

PS. Why do I have to set CommndBarName of adxCommandBar to Menu Bar. If not it still works, but then I have additional floating menu.

Posted 16 Feb, 2007 05:48:08 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Artur.

Please use the 'Built-in Controls Scanner' tool to learn about all names of Office command bars and IDs of its controls.
http://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/controls-scanner.php

I noticed that Pop-up menu's ID must be set to 1. If I changed it stayed at the menu bar, but adding buttons or any adition pop-up menus did reflect in Word unless I changed ID back to 1.

If you want to add a custom control, the ID of the control should be set to 1. But if you need a built-in control, you should use an appropriate ID of the built-in control. If you switch between built-in and custom controls without unregistering the add-in, you will have to remove remaining controls manually via the Customize dialog in the host application.

Why do I have to set CommndBarName of adxCommandBar to Menu Bar. If not it still works, but then I have additional floating menu.

The 'Menu Bar' is the name of the built-in command bar.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.

Posted 16 Feb, 2007 13:38:05 Top
Artur Nowocin

Thanks for the replay.
I used 'Built-in Controls Scanner' and learn ID of buttons from Menu Bar, but there was no ID for Menu Bar itself so that's the reason I got a little confused. But now I think I understand how to add menus to Menu Bar.
Posted 19 Feb, 2007 09:58:55 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Ok, just let me know if you need anything else.
Posted 19 Feb, 2007 10:45:29 Top