Accessing VBA controls for .NET forms

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Accessing VBA controls for .NET forms

Tyson Stolarski

Hi.

Was wondering if there is anyway to access the VBA controls via ADX for use in our own .NET forms. In particular, the RefEdit control. This is a very handy control that is used all over Excel to allow users to minimise the active form, select a range, and then return to the active form, with the selected range's reference inserted into the control.

Cheers.

Tyson.
Posted 10 Jan, 2007 22:17:27 Top
Tyson Stolarski

Update:

I have just found the RefEdit control. It is exposed as an activeX control and can be added to the normal VS toolbar as a COM control.
However, when the form with the refEdit control is loaded, the control doesnt respond. The form works fine, but there is no response from the refEdit control. It doesnt even draw itself.

I know its possible. A quick search on google showed up another Excel add-in company that have added support for this control.

http://www.stochastix.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85

"Added Managed RefEdit control (select Excel range from a .NET GUI) "

So my question now is, does Add-In express expose any similar managed refEdit control? And if not, does anyone have suggestions for how to get the ActiveX version working? It is a very useful control, and finishes off Excel GUIs very nicely.

Cheers.

Tyson.
Posted 10 Jan, 2007 23:12:59 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Tyson.

We have a product that will help you to use managed controls in Office applications. Please read here about it:
http://www.add-in-express.com/office-toolbar-controls/

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.

Posted 11 Jan, 2007 07:26:14 Top