Word Actions Pane features with VSTO

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Word Actions Pane features with VSTO
pre-sales question 
Paul Holmes-Higgin

Hi

I'm interested in the Actions Pane feature of your VSTO product, but haven't been able to find much information about it in more detail. Any screenshots of solutions built with it?

I'm familiar with MS VSTO, and want an easy to deploy Actions Pane. The pane just needs to have a WebBrowser control in it and a small amount of logic to call that control based on document events (doc open, close, save).

I don't really want to spend $200 just to find if it can do what I want :-)

Many thanks
Paul.
Posted 19 Dec, 2006 12:21:53 Top
Paul Holmes-Higgin

... also, any info on the benefits of your solution over the MS VSTO (particularly with respect to the Actions Pane).

Cheers
Paul.
Posted 20 Dec, 2006 05:57:49 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Paul.

If you are interested in Actions panes only, I would advise you to use VSTO. You will able to add an action pane using two lines of the code.
But if you are planning to develop more advanced UI with many controls and intercept many events, Add-in Express product will help you to save your time and focus on the add-in functionality only. Our product manages Office toolbars and controls over the work of the host application.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 20 Dec, 2006 13:34:46 Top