Install throws error about Security Manager for Outlook that isn't installed

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Install throws error about Security Manager for Outlook that isn't installed
 
Subscribe
David Redl




Posts: 10
Joined: 2025-07-28
I am unable to install Add-in Express for Microsoft Office and .NET because after running setup.exe as an administrator I am immediately presented with a pop up indicating that I must uninstall Security Manager for Microsoft Outlook, .NET, despite the fact that I don't have that installed. Event Viewer contains the following error message as well:

Product: Add-in Express for Microsoft Office and .NET, Premium -- Please uninstall the 'Security Manager for Microsoft Outlook, .NET' product.

This is while trying to install version 10 on a brand now developer laptop. Specifically, the installer is from: adxnet-v1003-b4730-vs-pre
Posted 09 Mar, 2026 20:43:53 Top
Andrei Smolin


Add-in Express team


Posts: 19240
Joined: 2006-05-11
Hello David,

Security Manager might be installed for another user account on that machine.

Regards from Poland (GMT+1),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 12 Mar, 2026 11:54:59 Top
David Redl




Posts: 10
Joined: 2025-07-28
Andrei Smolin writes:
Security Manager might be installed for another user account on that machine.


Security Manager isn't installed on this computer at all. Also, this error message only appears when installing the premium version. I just tried:

* adxnet-v1004-b4741-vs-pre - immediately threw "Please uninstall the 'Security Manager for Microsoft Outlook, .NET' product."
* adxnet-v1004-b4741-vs-pro - installer was able to continue
* adxnet-v1004-b4741-vs-std - installer was able to continue
Posted 02 Oct, 2026 11:14:58 Top
Andrei Smolin


Add-in Express team


Posts: 19240
Joined: 2006-05-11
Hello David,

Security Manager is installed; only the premium version may report this; Pro and Standard versions don't check it.

Check HKLM\SOFTWARE\Add-in Express\InstalledProducts\Outlook Security Manager\.NET on your machine.

Regards from Poland (GMT+1),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 05 Oct, 2026 09:41:46 Top