Outlook Addin will be disabeled ervery time I start Outlook

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook Addin will be disabeled ervery time I start Outlook

Samuel Gruenbichler

I had an Addin for Outlook, two extra buttons, which wored fine. Something must have changed on my system, maybe new software, and now whenever I open Outlook the addin is not there. If I enable it under options->extended options-> COM-Addins it will be active again. But when I close Outlook and restart it, the addin will be disabeled again, and I have to enabel it again.

How can I avoid this process?

Thanks a lot.
Posted 14 Dec, 2006 04:51:00 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Samuel.

What version of the Add-in Express do you use? Do you have both the .NET Framework v1.1 and v2.0 installed on your PC?

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 14 Dec, 2006 06:49:49 Top
Samuel Gruenbichler

I think my Addin Express Version is Release 2.4 Build 1755. The Addin was written in February 2006.

I have .NET v2.0 installed on my computer for sure. I believe v1.1 is there as well.

It is programmed to start when Outlook starts. There is an error message though at the spot where I can enable it under options->extended options-> COM-Addins. It says "Loading Behavior: Not loaded. A runtime error occured while loading the COM-Addin." (I translated this message from german to english)

When I check the checkbox it will work fine, until I close Outlook. And I know there was a time when it worked as it should. So I wonder what kind of runtime error it is referring to.
Posted 14 Dec, 2006 08:53:13 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Samuel.

This issue was fixed in the Add-in Express 2.5 and later. Please download the latest ADX build and install it.
Posted 14 Dec, 2006 16:40:19 Top