Cant rename ADXCommandBarPopup

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Cant rename ADXCommandBarPopup

Tyson Stolarski

I have added a new ADXCommandBarPopup in Excels existing "Worksheet Menu Bar" Toolbar (the File, Edit, etc menu bar). The popup control contains a few normal ADXCommandBarButton's.

I renamed the Caption property of the popup control in an attempt to change the displayed name in the menu bar. Rebuilding the project and running excel didn't change the name. Unregistering, re-registering, and then running excel still didnt change the name (via the VS -> Build -> (Un)Register ADX Project).

I even went to the extent of creating a second popup control, and moving all the buttons into the new popup control. While both popups existed, it worked fine - I had the old popup with the old name with no controls inside it, and the new popup with the new name with all the buttons moved into it. But I obviously didn't want an empty popup laying around. However, when I deleted the old, now useless popup, and moved the new popup into the old ones position, the name reverted back to the old name!!!!???

Basically, how do you change the caption of a popup control???
Posted 14 Dec, 2006 02:26:58 Top
Tyson Stolarski

Haha... dont I feel like an idiot now, it was my fault. Im not gonna explain what I did, too embaressing :D . Nevermind this thread.

Cheers.

Tyson.
Posted 14 Dec, 2006 03:16:32 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Tyson.

No problem. Please feel free to ask me questions.
Posted 14 Dec, 2006 06:21:45 Top