Outlook -> Exchange-Error

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook -> Exchange-Error

BerndH

Hi,
I have a customer where my add-in terminates the connection to the exchange server. Without my add-in, everything runs flawlessly. (It?s only one customer, so I?m not sure if the add-in really is the problem ;-) )

In the event log there is "Fehler beim Remoteprozeduraufruf (NspiDNToEPH) ?ber Transport (unknown) an Server (https://exc-owa-2013....) mit Fehlercode (80040413) nach einer Wartezeit von (16) ms; eeInfo (none)."

Do you have any idea, where I can search for a solution? Did you hear of something like this?

Bend
Posted 29 Sep, 2022 04:40:34 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Bernd,

I have never heard of such things. I don't think your add-in is the cause of this because the Outlook object model is a high-level abstraction which has nothing to do with the data transfer level of Exchange.

I could imagine something occurring when your add-in accesses a certain folder or store, though. Say, a folder shared with that customer. This can be caused by an Outlook item if data are broken; in this case check https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/repair-outlook-data-files-pst-and-ost-25663bc3-11ec-4412-86c4-60458afc5253.

Also, I'd check if this occurs at a certain moment. Say, check whether the issue occurs if your add-in is enabled long after Outlook startup. A whole while back we found this scenario: connecting to the events of the Outlook.Reminders collection causes a 30-sec delay if there is a password-protected Outlook store in the profile: Add-in Express (lawfully) connects to these events before the user has a chance to unlock that store and this causes the delay.

Regards from Poland (CEST),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 29 Sep, 2022 10:58:17 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Does the issue show itself in the logs managed by the code of your add-in?

Regards from Poland (CEST),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 29 Sep, 2022 10:59:37 Top