Getting add-in selector when another add-in for different product installed

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Getting add-in selector when another add-in for different product installed
Getting a selector like arrow to select add-in either from our application or from another add-in installed. They are not showing side by side. 
Roberth Klemetsen

For one of the customers our add-in and another add-in shows up in the same space and user is able to work with one add-in at a time. It shows two arrows and user can go to the add-in by clicking in that arrow.

Is it possible to have both the add-in showed our and the others, is it because some id we have used in common?
Posted 14 Jun, 2021 04:06:27 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Roberth,

I don't understand the scenario. Is the "same space" a pane? If so, Of what type? If it isn't a pane, what is this?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 14 Jun, 2021 04:44:39 Top
Gireesh K Sahu

Hi Andrei,

Can you send me your email address I can send you the screenshot?

Thanks,
Gireesh
Posted 14 Jun, 2021 05:04:18 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Gireesh,

You can send it to the support email address; find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt; please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

In case the screenshot doesn't help please answer this question: Is that space a pane?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 14 Jun, 2021 05:59:28 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Gireesh,

Thank you for the screenshot.

So, that is a pane after all. You can't position two Add-in Express panes side by side as this isn't supported. You have these options:
- use Custom Task Panes (CTPs). I need to warn you however that Microsoft *seems* to start changing the UI related to the Custom Task Panes: previously, they showed all CTPs side by side, not it looks like they show some built-in TPs in the same container: try to show both Clipboard and Styles built-in TPs in the same position. This seemingly doesn't apply to CTPs, though.
- you can show your Add-in Express pane in another position. Or, you can let the user drag the pane to another position; see the ExplorerAllowedDropPositons and InspectorAllowedDropPositons properties of the ADXOlFormsCollectionItem object.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 14 Jun, 2021 07:04:19 Top