Add-in Auto Update

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-in Auto Update
Application will no longer update on users machines 
Andrew Caky

Our Outlook add-in will no longer update automatically. I have tried to recreate the setup and start over but it still does not want to update. I also had the check for update button as per your code which used to work but that also does not seem to work. I have multiple users which makes this feature invaluable to my organization. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ** I went over the tutorials over and over again without any success. Thanks
Posted 08 Apr, 2021 07:34:25 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andrew,

I assume you use ClickTwice; is that correct? What did you do before this occurred?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 08 Apr, 2021 08:09:23 Top
Andrew C

Yes ClickTwice. I think it was just version numbering if anything. I was just living with manual updates but its becoming a hassle now as users are added.
Posted 08 Apr, 2021 08:21:29 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

That is, you try to switch to automatic updates, correct?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 08 Apr, 2021 08:27:16 Top
Andrew C

The updates were working in the beginning and stopped over time. I had users click the update button as per your example and it would update the application. It would also provide a notification to the user by checking automatically. I feel it may have been something with the version number that might have caused issues. Is there any way to reset setup and start fresh? I have tried but all the legacy versions keep showing.

Thanks,

Andrew
Posted 08 Apr, 2021 08:38:24 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

If you run the installer of the new version directly, does it work or not?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 08 Apr, 2021 09:42:30 Top
Andrew C

Sorry for the delay. So I get the following error if I link the the new version and try to install:

Failed to check the signature of version_info_xml .... Task name ParseXML

I'm using a EV Document Signing Certificate now since all others cause multiple warnings on our systems.

Thanks,
Posted 14 Apr, 2021 08:19:10 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andrew,

Alas, I don't understand what you did and what you do. Could you please provide details? At what stage are you now? If something doesn't work, I need to know what doesn't work and in what way: maybe, you have exceptions,calls tack, system log records, Add-in Express log files, other messages or screenshots.

Andrew C writes:
I'm using a EV Document Signing Certificate now since all others cause multiple warnings on our systems.

What warnings do you get? I need to know whether this is important or not. As far as I know we may have some issue with your using EV certificates so I wonder whether you used ClickTwice wizard to sign the installer.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 14 Apr, 2021 11:05:35 Top