The certificate doesn't exist in the Windows store error

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

The certificate doesn't exist in the Windows store error
The certificate is not getting picked up in the Publish Dialog 
Premkumar Elangovan

I updated my code signing certificate recently. I am able to sign the project output and manifest by selecting the new certificate from Project->AddIn Express->Signing Options. However when I try to publish my msi from Project->AddIn Express->Publish I am getting an error saying "The certificate doesn't exist in the Windows store". It is same cerificate I use for signing the project output. The certificate is on the Windows store and it is letting me choose the certificate, I don't know why I am getting this error. I checked the certificate manager, and the certificate is there. Any thoughts on why this might be.

User added an image
User added an image
User added an image

Regards,
Prem.
Posted 05 Nov, 2020 13:50:56 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Prem,

It looks like your old certificate didn't have Frienfdly Name; while the new one does have it and this breaks our code somehow. We suggest that you set Friendly Name in properties of the new certificate. Then delete the certificate string right in the Publish wizard and re-select the certificate. Does this work for you?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 06 Nov, 2020 05:49:42 Top
Premkumar Elangovan

Thanks Andrei. As soon as removed the Friendly Name of the new certificate, it worked perfectly.
Posted 06 Nov, 2020 17:09:16 Top