MS Outlook 2016 does not show custom made regions in the main Outlook GUI

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

MS Outlook 2016 does not show custom made regions in the main Outlook GUI

Srdjan Petrovic

Hello Support,
I'm migrating MS Outlook add in from Visual Studio 2012 to Visual Studio 2019. I didn't see how actually works in 2012, but I saw already installed add in in the MS Outlook 2012.
Now in the Visual Studio 2019 (with updated Add in Express for .NET) I'm facing the problem that I can't see custom made regions in the main GUI form of Outlook. Ribbon works normal (Added custom made Tab, Buttons), I can see forms which are shown as Dialog's, In the Meeting and Appointment forms I can see custom made regions, controls, buttons. But in the main GUI I'm missing custom made side bar, and custom made regions.
I have checked all XAML forms and none of them show any error. Also I don't have any exception, warnings.

What I'm missing?

Thanks and Best regards,
Srdjan
Posted 02 Jul, 2020 09:02:01 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Srdjan,

Custom made regions? Of the ADXOlForm type? Or, you talk about ADXTaskPane (a wrapper over Custom Task Panes)? Send me the InitializeComponent method which is called from the constructor of the add-in module. Send it to the to the support email address; find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt; please make sure your email contains a link to this topic. Also, please specify what exactly regions/bars do not work.

Also, when the add-in loads, a log file is created by default. Let your add-in load and send me that file; the default location is {user profile}\AppData\Local\Temp\<ProductName>\adxloader.log; the ProductName part reflects the ProductName field of AssemblyInfo.cs (AssemblyInfo.vb).

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 02 Jul, 2020 09:26:42 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Srdjan,

Thank you for sending me these details. The screenshots suggest that you use Add-in Express forms, you show the form in the WebViewPane region and you've also switched to using Outlook 2016/2019/365. This combination would explain the issue. Have a look at https://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2017/12/01/outlook-ignore-webviewurl-webviewon/; check the comments as well.

Maybe, there's another explanation. I will be more definite if you send me the InitializeComponent() method which is called from the constructor of the add-in module.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 03 Jul, 2020 02:47:24 Top
Srdjan Petrovic

Hello Andrej,

Thank you. The fix is adding the "EnableRoamingFolderHomepages" = 1 to registry.
Buy the way, I have spend many hours searching through the web, and I have searched many MS Outlook 2016 migration Add in express... I think that this information is very important and can save many hours for developers and it should be placed on help main pages.

Thank you again
Best regards,
Srdjan
Posted 03 Jul, 2020 05:11:13 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you for the suggestion!

Andrei Smolin
Posted 03 Jul, 2020 05:57:13 Top