Issue Installing version 9.4.4644

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Issue Installing version 9.4.4644
Get an error during the Addin Express install on Win7.  
Dan Evans

Recently updating to newer version of Addin Express in order to deploy Addins to Excel2019.

Unintalled Addin Express from my dev machine and have been able to compile and publish build that work correctly on target platform.

When updating the build machine to version 9.4.4644 we are getting an error halfway through the 'Registering Add-in Express for Microsoft Office and .NET'

mscorlib :
Could not load type 'AddinExpress.MSO.ADCAddinModule' from assembly 'Installer.2005, Version=9.4.4644.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4416dd98f0861965'

Clicking the only option 'OK' brings up another message that simply states there is a problem with the package installer.

The install then rolls back.

When I look in the GAC on the machine that works I can only see Assemblies from version 9.

Where as on the machine that fails to update I see a mix of 7.5.4072.2005 + 9.4.4644.0.
When looking under 'Add remove programs' there is no longer an entry for the older version.
Posted 26 Feb, 2020 06:28:18 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Dan,

Make sure there's no Add-in Express installed under another user account. Then remove all Add-in Express assemblies from GAC and run the installer anew.

Please follow the suggestions below:

Close all Visual Studio instances and make sure there's no devenv.exe processes hanging in the Processes tab of the Task Manager window before you start the installer.

Make sure you are an administrator on the PC.

Set UAC to its default level.

In Control Panel | System | Advanced | Performance | Settings | Data Execution Prevention, set the "... for essential Windows programs and services only" flag.

Remove the following registry key, if it exists:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Add-in Express\{product identifier} {version} {package}

Run setup.exe, not .MSI. If this is applicable, run setup.exe by right clicking it and choosing ?Â?Ð?ìRun as administrator?Â?Ð?í in the context menu.

If the above steps did not help, restart your machine and run the installer. If the error persists, turn your antivirus software off for a while, install the product, and then turn the antivirus on again.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 26 Feb, 2020 06:48:16 Top