Advanced Task Pane - Flickering

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

mwynn

I have advanced task panes configured for my excel add-in. I have noticed that when I open a task pane on the left side of the screen, I see ghosting or artifacts that appear briefly on the right side of the screen. This only happens when the task pane is on the left side. If the task pane is configured on the right side, I do not see the artifacts on the left side.

Is this an issue that you are aware of, or have seen? If necessary, I can take a video of my screen to show you.

Thanks,
Matt
Posted 23 Aug, 2019 08:21:18 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Matt,

What is the host application and its exact version string (File | Account; see below About {host name})? What Add-in Express build number do you use?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 23 Aug, 2019 09:46:05 Top
mwynn

I'm using Excel 2016 32-bit as the host application, but I've noticed the same flickering on 64-bit as well.
The Add-in Express build is 9.3.4641.
One other point, I'm using DevExpress controls embedded into the Advanced Task Pane. Not sure if this has anything to do with the DevExpress user controls.
Posted 23 Aug, 2019 09:55:13 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Matt,

We can't reproduce this. Could you please check if using a new empty form in the same layout produces the flickering? If so, please capture a video showing this; you can use any free video capturing software available online.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 26 Aug, 2019 06:26:35 Top
mwynn

Hi Andrei,

Thank you. Can I ask you to send me a test project from your end that looks fine? That way I can check and see if it is something on my machine.

If not, I can try modifying your project to replicate the issue.

Thanks,
Matt
Posted 26 Aug, 2019 09:44:16 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Matt,

We used a new empty add-in project containing an ADXOlFromsManager and an empty form shown in the LeftSubpane region.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 26 Aug, 2019 09:49:10 Top
mwynn

Do you have any sample "Hello World" projects or anything similar that I can start with?
Posted 26 Aug, 2019 09:53:31 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Matt,

You can download the archive labelled as Add-in Express for Office and .NET sample projects; see https://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/adxnet.php. After that start Windows Explorer, locate the file, right-click it, select Properties, and click Unblock on the Properties window. Find the add-in project in {ZIP}\Documentation Samples\Your First Microsoft Outlook COM Add-in, and modify it as required.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 27 Aug, 2019 05:42:57 Top