Performance problems with addin ribbon

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Performance problems with addin ribbon

mio

Hi,
I am currently experiencing a performance issue with the ribbon in an add-in.
The add-in needs around 50-60s to start and also shows this delay when opening presentation.
A profiling of the application showed that most of the time is lost in .net Framework related methods.
To determine the cause of the problem I created a new test add-in which only contained the ribbon and it also showed this issue.
The add-in startup was normal after I removed all callbacks in the ribbon and replaced them with static values.
Did you already experience such an issue and could give input on what the cause could be?
Thanks.
Posted 01 Apr, 2019 02:19:08 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Fabian,

We don't have a ready-made answer. In theory, this issue may be caused by 1) Add-in Express, 2) your code, 3) something in Office.

What Office build do you have? Please navigate File | Account and provide all the information shown to the right of the About PowerPoint button. Does the issue persist if you turn *all* other COM add-ins off?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 01 Apr, 2019 03:06:59 Top
mio

Hi Andrei,
last Information I got from the customer was, that he was using Office 365 ProPlus Version 1808 (Build 10730.20304 click and run).
The tests done on the specific system were always performed with all other addins deactivated.
We removed all other user code in a test add-in and only tested the ribbon. This did not change anything regarding this issue.
Posted 01 Apr, 2019 09:10:48 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Fabian,

Could you please send me the test add-in project to the support email address? Find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt; please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 02 Apr, 2019 03:59:09 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Fabian,

Thank you for the project. We are unable to reproduce the issue on a system with Office ProPlus Version 1902.

It also works correctly on my Office Insider Version 1904.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 05 Apr, 2019 10:30:42 Top