clean registry and technical question

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

clean registry and technical question

Michael M?ller

Hello,

I have two questions.

How can I clean my registy from addinexpress entries? My pc has old registry entries from addinexpress because I do not have register and unregister it correctly.

We created a project using addinexpress to add shortcuts, commandbarpopups to the main menu and new commandbars. This items would be count round 150. This items should be enabled and only be visible at runtime for special user groups. Is addinexpress usable for this?

Best Rosemarie Haberecht
Posted 19 Mar, 2019 04:45:23 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Rosemarie,

Start with uninstalling your add-in if it is installed.

Then unregister your project: right-click it in Solution Explorer and choose Add-in Express | Unregister on the context menu.

If it is possible that you changed the RegisterForAllUsers property on the add-in module, unregister the project twice: with RegisterForAllUsers set to false and to true.

Michael M?ller writes:
This items should be enabled and only be visible at runtime for special user groups.

I suggest that you create a per-user add-in and supply administrators with the .MSI. Admins can enforce installing (and updating) the add-in for certain user groups only. In the Add-in Express manual, see section "Deploying a per-user Office extension via Group Policy".

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 20 Mar, 2019 04:07:42 Top
Michael M?ller

Hello Andrei,

I have a Problem with old registry entries, the program with older registry entries does not exist any more. How can I remove the older registered entries?

Regards Rosemarie Haberecht
Posted 21 Mar, 2019 04:51:27 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Rosemarie,

I don't understand.

I assume you talk about your development PC on which some of the registry keys that the add-in created in the past get deleted. I suppose you need to delete the remaining ones. If so, you need to unregister your add-in project on your machine. Note that if the add-in is installed, you also need to uninstall it; make sure you only have the add-in registered from the IDE or installed.

If you have an Add-in Express project, registering it will create all required registry keys. If you unregister the project, all the registry keys will be deleted.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 21 Mar, 2019 04:58:53 Top