adxpublisher fails because of missing sc.exe

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

adxpublisher fails because of missing sc.exe

Developer

Hi guys,

I have the issue of a failing adxpublisher because of a missing sc.exe.

You already mentioned in former topics there is a bug which could be fixed by using a patched version.

https://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=15238
https://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=15227

Unfortunately it seems you only send the patch per mail and don't provide a download link, so it seems I have to create this request here.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards,
Andreas
Posted 11 Mar, 2019 05:34:49 Top
Developer

Additional question regarding this issue. Since we used version 8.7 of AddInExpress before, can we still use the adxpublisher.exe of this version for publishing a 9.2 product?
Posted 11 Mar, 2019 06:03:45 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

In a minute or two, I'll send you a download link to a non-public build that is supposed to fix this issue. Please let me know if the build does do this for you.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 Mar, 2019 07:05:21 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andreas,

Developer writes:
Additional question regarding this issue. Since we used version 8.7 of AddInExpress before, can we still use the adxpublisher.exe of this version for publishing a 9.2 product?

This isn't recommended

Andrei Smolin
Posted 11 Mar, 2019 07:11:35 Top
Developer

Hello Andrei,

I just used the adxpublisher.exe version 9.2.4637.0 for building the project which uses 9.2.4635.0 and it seems to work fine. Are there concerns about the using of this two different versions this way as well or should this work reliable?

Is there a change log for this minor update and are other parts of your product even changed in this version? Because of already invested effort for introducing 9.2.4635.0 I would like to avoid updating the whole project if not really necessary.

BTW: How can I get rid of this new icon for the setup.exe file?

Best regards,
Andreas
Posted 12 Mar, 2019 04:04:06 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andreas,

The publisher wasn't changed.

Developer writes:
BTW: How can I get rid of this new icon for the setup.exe file?

Sorry?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 12 Mar, 2019 04:47:01 Top
Developer

Hi Andrei,

now I'm a bit confused.

Andrei Smolin writes:
The publisher wasn't changed.

I asked for a new version of the adxpublisher.exe because I got the "sc.exe missing"-bug, which was the problem in the listed topics as well.
Then you provide me a msi with a fixed version, which works, and now you tell me there was no change in the publisher? Or did you mean there was no change beside the publisher?

Andrei Smolin writes:
Sorry?

The default icon for the created install-exe is now different (a small present) but I already found out how this could be changed (<add key="iconFileName" value=""/>)

Best regards,
Andreas
Posted 12 Mar, 2019 05:14:41 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Andreas,

Yes, correct: the issue is solved in the new build but adxpublisher.exe itself isn't changed.

Thank you.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 12 Mar, 2019 05:37:42 Top
Developer

Hello Andrei,

sorry if I'm wasting your time, but I would like asking one more time. I thought the adxpublisher.exe contains every of your assemblies it needs to run in command line mode as embedded resource, that's why I also guessed it should work fine even if the project to deploy was created using a different version of your product.

But you tell me it's using your components from the GAC as well?

Regards,
Andreas
Posted 12 Mar, 2019 07:06:20 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andreas,

Terribly sorry for the confusion. That was my fault right from the start.

You are right: adxpublisher.exe in the build we sent you *is* modified. I was trying to explain a different thought: the new publisher doesn't contain any new feature.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 12 Mar, 2019 10:18:00 Top