Visual Studio 2010 unable to create vbproj

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Visual Studio 2010 unable to create vbproj
Unable to find adxregistrator.exe 
Henri Pellemans

Hi, I still use Visual Studio 2010 PRO (VB.NET). I have installed the most recent version of ADX for Office and .NET (Pro version).

In the past I had no problems creating a vbproj setup project. Now I get the following error message, that I never had before:

Error 1 Unable to find source file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\Redistributables\adxregistrator.exe' for file 'adxregistrator.exe', located in '[TARGETDIR]', the file may be absent or locked. C:\Users\Henri\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Henri\Henri\HenriSetup\1.0.0\HenriSetup(1.0.0).vdproj HenriSetup(1.0.0)

The file adxregistrator.exe is located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Add-in Express\Add-in Express for .NET\Redistributables\adxregistrator.exe"

If I copy the file to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\Redistributables\adxregistrator.exe' I still get the error message.

If I go to the properties of this file (in the Solution Explorer) I can't change the path to this file, as it is grayed out.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance, and best regard,

Henri
Posted 27 Feb, 2019 05:36:49 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Henri,

I would try to reinstall Add-in Express.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 27 Feb, 2019 05:53:03 Top
Henri Pellemans

Hi Andrei,

The issue is only at my desktop computer. I just tried it at my laptop, and there was no problem with the vbproj.

I will first try to reinstall ADX. If this does not solve the issue, I will reinstall Visual Studio 2010 and then reinstall ADX. Hopefully I don't run out of licences?Â?Ð??

By the way, the reason I stick to Visual Studio 2010 is that I get a bit annoyed of all those "squiggles" while typing in the more recent versions of VS. In VS2010 the squiggles only appear once you have finished a line of code.

Best regards,

Henri
Posted 27 Feb, 2019 06:34:35 Top
Henri Pellemans

Reinstalling ADX solved the issue...

Thank you Andrei!
Posted 27 Feb, 2019 07:56:11 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Welcome!

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader