Not Finding Setup Project Properties

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Not Finding Setup Project Properties

Jeremy McClanathan

Hello,
I am having trouble finding the properties of a setup project. I am following the instructions to create a .MSI installer at this post https://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2011/02/22/deploying-peruser-office-extension-msi-installer/ When I get to step 4 and go to verify the File Installation Properties, I can't find the properties. The same is true for steps 5,6 & 7. When I select the setup project in the solution explorer then click the properties tab the only properties I see are Project File an Project Folder. If I right click and open the properties window, I don't see the same properties shown in the example. Also, I don't see "View | Editor | File System" available in the View menu. Can some please help me find the setup project properties? I am using Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition.
Thank you
Jeremy
Posted 12 Feb, 2019 02:14:40 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Jeremy,

That post assumes you are create your setup project using Visual Studio Installer. If you use WiX, you should "translate" the instruction to the "language" of WiX. You may prefer to install Visual Studio Installer; check section Installation Software Products Supported by the Add-in Express Setup Project Wizard, see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 12 Feb, 2019 03:16:40 Top