Set focus on Add-in panel with keyboard

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Set focus on Add-in panel with keyboard

Andriy

Hello!
I'm looking for a solution how to set and leave a focus on my Outlook add-in panel using keyboard (to have some hotkey or a shortcut).
Could you advise how to implement this?
Posted 26 Oct, 2018 03:29:51 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andriy,

All you need is to set the focus on any control of your pane.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 26 Oct, 2018 05:59:36 Top
Andriy

Does AddIn Express Regions offer any possibility to do this with a keyboard shortcut?
Could you please suggest a way to invoke a method with AddIn Express Regions on some keyboard shortcut is pressed ?
Posted 26 Oct, 2018 09:10:31 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Andriy,

Does AddIn Express Regions offer any possibility to do this with a keyboard shortcut?

The Add-in Express Regions for Microsoft Outlook and VSTO product does not provide any methods to intercept and handle keyboard events in Outlook itself. Though, you can handle keyboard events in your form in the usual way by using the KeyDown, KeyUp, etc. events.

Could you please suggest a way to invoke a method with AddIn Express Regions on some keyboard shortcut is pressed ?

As far as I understand, you need to invoke some method of your form instance, correct? If yes, please have a look at the "Form Region Instances and How to Access Them" chapter (page 34) of the Getting Started document.
Posted 29 Oct, 2018 04:34:05 Top