uninstall plugin and re installing posing problems

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Thomas Thomas

Hi All,

Recently I made some changes to my plugin . I created a relese build and uninstalled the current plugin in setup on my test machine using the add remove programs..

problems
1)even after uninstalling the plugin button was still on the word doc
(no word doc was open when uninstalling)
2)it was fine on excel

installed it again to find no changes on word but found the chnages reflected on excel.

3) on the outlook I found a mix up of the two button .. both the old and new buttons was there..

am I completely missing something here..

Note: I deleted the toolbar button from word (using the customize option)and installed the setup again to find. Now plugin tool button is completely missing..

Thanks for any help

Thomas
Posted 17 Oct, 2006 21:42:59 Top
Thomas Thomas

Hi All,

It looks to me like there was some word process running .I deleted it of the task manager and now things works fine with word.. But it is sill not working with outlook application..

outlook application is showing a mix of the two old and new plugin..

cheers
Thomas

Posted 17 Oct, 2006 23:44:43 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Thomas.

The fact is that ADX doesn't remove command bars and controls when the add-in is being uninstalled. So I would advise you to set the Temporary property of the Outlook command bars to true.
Posted 18 Oct, 2006 09:35:10 Top
Thomas Thomas

Thanks Sergey,

I have done that.. what does that implies.. I dont understand why we need to look on a property to remove the command bar on uninstall.. Can I get more info on its implications of setting that propery to true.

again how can clear the command bars for already installed ones on the testing boxes..

Thomas
Posted 18 Oct, 2006 18:05:01 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Thomas, if you set the Temporary property to true, your command bars/controls don't remain in Outlook and there is no need to remove them during the add-in uninstallation process.
To remove command bars that are already installed you can use the Customize dialog in Outlook.
Posted 19 Oct, 2006 12:01:10 Top
Thomas Thomas

Hi Sergey,

Could setting of the temporary property slow down the loading of the office application by quite a bit. The new version I am getting the complain from users saying loading up office application has been slowed down..

Le me know if I can be smart here to achieve both..

Thanks
Thomas
Posted 24 Oct, 2006 19:48:19 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Thomas.

Yes, it can be the case. But it can only occur during the first start.
Anyway ADX runs the same code regardless whether the Temporary property is set to true or false.
Posted 25 Oct, 2006 08:49:09 Top