Why is my Excel Add-in not appearing?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Why is my Excel Add-in not appearing?
Excel Add-in registration 
Gerry Rempel

I have an Excel plugin that has a COM and an Excel Add-in component. The Excel Add-in component defines my custom formulas which have been working properly.

I have one customer, who is seeing the #NAME error in the cell instead of the formula values. When he looks in the Excel Add-in list, my "Domain.App" add-in name is not visible. He is using Excel 2016 from office 365. I have tested the add-in with a regular Excel 2016 and it works properly.

What is the problem? and/or how can I get this to work for him?

I should add that because the COM Add-in part is registered properly the customer sees my Toolbar ribbon and controls.

Thanks,
Gerry
Posted 01 Mar, 2017 16:52:30 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Gerry,

Please reinstall your add-in, start Excel and send copies of these files to the support email address (find it in {Add-in Express}\readme.txt; make sure your email contains a link to this topic) :

- {My Documents}\Add-in Express\adxregistrator.log in the profile of the user who runs the installer
- {My Documents}\Add-in Express\adxloader.log in the profile of the user who starts Excel

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 02 Mar, 2017 01:18:08 Top
John Putman

I have just opened a similar issue in the following thread:
https://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=14428&MID=73904

Our issue is that a client has the Trust Center Settings / Add-ins / Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher checked off. While we have the COM Add-In signed and in the Trusted Publisher store, I don't know how to do the same for the Automation Add-In, since it is registered within the COM addin to the mscoree.dll. Is this a possible cause for your case as well?

-john putman
Posted 10 Mar, 2017 16:29:00 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Gerry,

I haven't received an email with logs from you. Could you please resend it?

Hello John,

I've responded to your question on that thread.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 13 Mar, 2017 05:09:48 Top