Using ADXOLSolutionFolder with IMAP account

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Using ADXOLSolutionFolder with IMAP account

sparta

I?Â?Ð?ém are trying to make a solution module for the application and managed to do so without any problem when the Default Account and store of outlook is POP or Exchange.
But Outlook 2013 crash when trying to execute the code when the Default Account and Store are ?Â?Ð?ìIMAP?Â?Ð?í.
Outlook starts to load, I can see the new added tab on the bottom then after a few seconds, it just freeze and doesn?Â?Ð?ét respond anymore

I?Â?Ð?ém using Add In Express 7.5.4072 and the tests were made on Outlook 2013.

Can you help me making this working ?
I've sent a demo project to the support email

Thanks in advance.
Posted 02 Jan, 2015 08:54:40 Top
Fabrice Durieu

Any news for this problem ? Did you get the test project on your support email ?

PS: I'm the author of this topics, but dunno why it created the thread using my username. Meantime I've changed my username and it's posting now using my name, as before.
Posted 06 Jan, 2015 05:54:01 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Fabrice,

I'm sorry for the delay. Yes, we received the project. Now I'm preparing environment for tests.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 06 Jan, 2015 06:00:00 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Fabrice,

After I add an InboxView (a descendant of ADXOlForm) to your project, it works for me with the latest build 7.6.4084 on IMAP folders in Outlook 2013 15.0.4667.100.

Actually, I saw a freeze when I started the add-in for the first time. I cannot reproduce this after I turn all other COM add-ins off.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 06 Jan, 2015 07:55:12 Top
Fabrice Durieu

Hello Andrei

I don't understand what you mean by adding an InboxView ? the project sent already contains a InboxView form which is the one used when the user click on the folder. Did you modify the code ?

Thank you for your help
Fabrice
Posted 06 Jan, 2015 08:16:27 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Oh, I'm sorry. That's my fault. Indeed, I modified the project when trying to find out why the add-in hangs. Then I forgot about the changes.

To retest the original project, I still need to modify it: the .csproj refers to a .licx file and I don't have DevExpress installed. So, I delete the corresponding line in the .csproj file.

Two other changes are optional; they let me see if the form is shown or not at a glance:
- I set the backcolor of your form to any color other than white
- I set the adxOlFormsCollectionItem1.UseOfficeThemeForBackground property to false

I've retested the project modified in this way and it still works for me. I can send it to you if required.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 06 Jan, 2015 08:44:40 Top
Fabrice Durieu

I replay the steps you gave:

I've tried unchecking all COM add-in and indeed it doesn't crash anymore.
So to find which add-in cause the problem I've checked them back one at once and ... still no crash !
I've tried to unregister, delete folders, register again and run with all COM add-in and still no crash.

This is very strange ... it seems to crash just the 1st time when other add-in are activated, then no crash anymore. I think you also had this behavior ?

I'll try to setup a new VM and try to run this add-in to see if I can reproduce the problem
Posted 06 Jan, 2015 09:25:29 Top
Fabrice Durieu

OK so I reproduced the problem on a clean VM with Windows 8 & Outlook 2013

I started to uncheck each COM add-in one by one and Outlook stopped freezing after disabling "Microsoft VBA for Outlook Add-in"

When I tried to check this add-in back, it stay in the "Inactive add-in" and never go back. And I never got the freeze anymore.
I put the VM snapshot back (to the state before my tests), to check in which category was the Ms VBA add-in before my tests, and it was already in the "Inactive Add-ins"
It means it's an "Inactive add-in" but when managing COM Add-ins this add-in is checked with a Load Behaviour "Load on Demand".

On the clean VM snapshot I removed all add-in except "Microsoft VBA for Outlook Add-in" (and, of course, the test ADX add-in) and it still freeze outlook at start.
The freeze occurs when Outlook synchronize the INBOX (status shown below). I've the WAIT cursor forever, I let it run for 1 hour it doesn't stop. When I try to close Outlook I've a "Microsoft Outlook is not responding" and I've to kill Outlook
Posted 07 Jan, 2015 05:31:47 Top
Fabrice Durieu

So, what could you do for this problem ?
Because it seems there is some incompatibility between ADX and the "Microsoft VBA for Outlook Add-in" when used with IMAP account & store.

Thank you for your help
Fabrice
Posted 08 Jan, 2015 05:14:38 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Fabrice,

That add-in is enabled on my test system.

Did you install Add-in Express 7.6.4084?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 08 Jan, 2015 05:54:47 Top