What product should I purchase: Add-in Express for Office and .NET or Office and VSTO?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

What product should I purchase: Add-in Express for Office and .NET or Office and VSTO?

Jakov Perica

I've been reading around and am still uncertain which product I should purchase, Add-in Express for Office and .NET or Office and VSTO?

I help other companies with Excel. I develop templates and macros and all sorts of solutions. I also want to develop, publish and sell some more general purpose Excel based applications. So far I have written all macros in VBA, but now I also want to start writing macros in C#.

EDIT: Most of the solutions I create in Excel are not pure add-ins but rather a combination of a workbook with functions and formatting + code that automates some actions.
Posted 06 Dec, 2014 05:07:20 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Jakov,

We don't sell Add-in Express for Office and VSTO any longer. As to Add-in Express for Office and .NET, it allows creating COM add-ins (Ribbons, panes, event handling, workbook modifications), XLL add-ins and Excel Automation add-ins (custom functions to be used in formulas), Real-Time Data servers (provide real-time data to be used in formulas) and also combinations of the above. Add-in Express allows developing application-level solutions. You can make an application-level add-in to work on the workbook-level if you add some code in order to identify "your" workbooks. For instance "your" workbooks may have something on their properties that your add-in can check.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 08 Dec, 2014 02:05:34 Top