What is the "Loader" is ADX.NET 2.7?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

What is the "Loader" is ADX.NET 2.7?
Any info on what the loader is (new in v2.7)? 
Ryan Farley

Is there any information on the new loader in ADX.NET 2.7? It was mentioned to be a replacement for using shims, however, I am hesitant to use it without knowing more about it.

Is there any information on this anywhere (I looked around the site but could not find anything).

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Ryan
Posted 28 Jul, 2006 19:16:15 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ryan.

Now we are workning on a new page devoted to the loader and ADX deployment. We will publish it next week.
In short, the loader is the C++ shim that is already built.
Posted 28 Jul, 2006 20:06:36 Top
Ryan Farley

Thanks Sergey,

In short, the loader is the C++ shim that is already built.

I figured that. I did notice the manifest which references the addin and assumed as much.

Anyway, I'll look forward to more info on it (and what advantages/disadvantages it has compared to using your own shim in the project).

Thanks.

-Ryan
Posted 28 Jul, 2006 20:12:33 Top
Franz Scharf

guess I catched the wrong day to buy adx.. got it today, rebuild my old outlook-addin using add-inn express.. actually wanted to deploy it today, but unfortunately clicked the 'use adxloader' and now I have no idea how to build the setup..no documentation.. talking about RAD.. how many days will we have to wait till we get at least a hint how to build the setup? how about Rapid AddIn Deployment? :|
thanks
Franz
Posted 29 Jul, 2006 16:43:09 Top
Eugene Starostin

Hello Franz,

Please give us a couple of days to compose an article about our loader. I'm sure we should add a new section with our articles to our web-site. August, 1 is our working day, so we will manage to do this.

Thank you for your patience.
Posted 29 Jul, 2006 17:20:15 Top
Ryan Farley

Franz Scharf wrote:
guess I catched the wrong day to buy adx.. got it today, rebuild my old outlook-addin using add-inn express.. actually wanted to deploy it today, but unfortunately clicked the 'use adxloader' and now I have no idea how to build the setup..no documentation.. talking about RAD.. how many days will we have to wait till we get at least a hint how to build the setup? how about Rapid AddIn Deployment?

Hi Franz,

You could build a sample project that includes the setup project. From there it is easy enough to see what is happening so you can duplicate that with your own custom setup (or of course you can always just use the VS setup project generated by the ADX wizard.

-Ryan
Posted 29 Jul, 2006 18:11:39 Top