WorkbookOpen event

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

WorkbookOpen event

Klosar Klos

Hi Guys,

In Excel 2013

When I open an excel file either by double click from the explorer, or from Excel-> File -> Open and then click on of a Recent Workbooks
my app doesn't go to adxExcelEvents_WorkbookOpen(object sender, object hostObj) method.

If I open the same file via File-> Open-> Computer- >Recent Folders -> File open dialog it goes

Any Idea?

thanks in advance
Posted 25 Jul, 2014 14:53:34 Top
Klosar Klos

Just to add, I read following topic: http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=1&TID=12541, and I can confirm that my add on is active during above scenarios
Posted 25 Jul, 2014 15:04:27 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Klosar,

As I said in that topic, the actual order of events depends on the way you start Excel. This means, you must not rely on a certain event order.

As an example of a different order of events I used this one: the add-in is turned on after a number of workbook is opened. Naturally, you don't get the WorkbookOpen event for already opened workbooks. You need to check the Workbooks collection in this situation.

I suppose the same thing occur in the scenarios you described: Excel loads the add-in loads when the workbook is already opened. Still, I'm uncertain if I understand you correctly. Excel 2013 fires these events for me when I double-click a file in Windows Explorer:

[7676] !!! AddinModule_AddinInitialize
[7676] !!! AddinModule_AddinStartupComplete
[7676] !!! adxExcelEvents_WorkbookOpen

Aha! I regularly forget one more point: is the Preview Pane shown in Windows Explorer? Try hiding it, if it is visible.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 28 Jul, 2014 09:01:26 Top