Enable ADXForm SubPane on an open Inspector?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Enable ADXForm SubPane on an open Inspector?

David Ing

Hello

My Outlook Addin allows the end-user to configure when they see certain ADX Extension subpanes (v2.6.1760).

When I enable or disable the ADXOlFormsCollectionItem this works well for the open Explorer window; they appear and disappear as required.

The problem is with any open Inspector instances, as it only works to disable it; it does not work to 'enable' a subpane as it does not appear in the existing Inspector item window. The next time an Inspector is opened the subpane does appear.

Is it possible to enable a ADX subpane on an already open Inspector window?

Thanks for any help.
Posted 14 Jul, 2006 12:04:10 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

David,

No, it isn't possible. We plan to include this feature in ADX.NET.OL v2.
Posted 17 Jul, 2006 08:30:50 Top
logikonline

Have you resolved this? I am in need of the functionality described above.

regards,
Dave
Posted 17 Jul, 2006 10:19:45 Top
David Ing

As a workaround I am going to try and set the height/width of the subpane to be 0. It still leaves the splitter behind, but it doesn't look too bad i.e. almost gone.

To summarize, I am trying to make the subpane 'creatable' on an already open Inspector window by actually creating the embedded form every single time but then resizing it so it can't be seen until toggled 'on'.

If that doesn't work I'll post back here.
Posted 17 Jul, 2006 11:55:31 Top
David Ing

Just to follow up. Nope - you can't resize the adxform on the open Inspector. In the end I've just disabled the ability for my users to be able to do this (the workaround is that they have to remember to enable it before they open the inspector window) and then wait for .OL v2.

Fedor - Is v2 the same as the 2007 version on the roadmap?
Posted 19 Jul, 2006 07:35:26 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Yes
Posted 20 Jul, 2006 03:37:00 Top