Is this possible?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Is this possible?

greg asman

Hello,

I'm considering purchasing your product. As there is no trial available, I hope you (or someone on the forum) could answer the following questions for me. I appreciate everyone's assistance in advance.

1. Is it possible to use the control(s) to perform a count of how many emails or appointments were from or with a particular person? I'd like to be able to run statistics on my inbox to see how often communications occur.

2. Is it possible to create a custom toolbar that will allow you to "rate" a particular email/email sender, contact, meeting organizer, etc.? I'd like to do something similar to Netflix where you just mouse over the stars and they change, submitting the value when clicked. I'd like to have the ability for ratings so that I can look back and quickly find important contacts or messages.

Thanks very much for your assistance!

Greg
Posted 21 Jun, 2006 00:52:08 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Greg,

greg asman wrote:
Is it possible to use the control(s) to perform a count of how many emails or appointments

I'd use Add-in Express .NET that includes the OutlookApp.AdvancedSearch method (returns the Search object) and AdvancedSearchComplete (AdvancedSearchStopped) event to gather initial statistics. Having this done I'd intercept the NewMail or NewMailEx events to gather statistics futher on.

greg asman wrote:
I'd like to be able to run statistics on my inbox

I'd use ADX Extensions for Microsoft Outlook to add my .NET form with controls reflecting the statistics data to any sub-pane of the Explorer window (list of emails) for folders of my choice. I'd also consider creating a special folder where I'd replace Explorer with the .NET form.

greg asman wrote:
Is it possible to create a custom toolbar

It is possible with Add-in Express.

greg asman wrote:
where you just mouse over the stars and they change, submitting the value when clicked

Office standard buttons have the only event - Click. So I'd use the Toolbar Controls for Microsoft Office to embed my UserControl to my toolbar.

No advertising. ;) Just thinkin aloud.
HTH

Posted 21 Jun, 2006 04:40:37 Top