You have Excel running at the moment. Please close the application.

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

You have Excel running at the moment. Please close the application.

nwein

I believe this was introduced in the latest release when trying to debug (not attach to process).
I understand where this is coming from but once you try to debug and realize you have Excel open there's no way back.
Normally if I'd want to break my build I can hit ctrl+break which will cancel the build, but in this scenario the popup appears and will not let go. You can't cancel you can't do anything until all of my Excel books are closed. This is extremely annoying to say the least.
Having a cancel button in that dialog would help, however, previous ADX versions didn't even complain about the host running when debugging...
User added an image
Posted 19 Apr, 2013 16:22:14 Top
Maurizio Benvenuti

I can confirm: the same happens with Outlook too, even if the add-in has been disabled (LoadBehavior = 0).
Posted 22 Apr, 2013 00:25:27 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Maurizio and Nir,

Add-in Express doesn't check the value of the LoadBehavior variable in this case. Please remove Outlook from the 'SupportedApps' property of just set 'DisplayAlerts to 'false'.
Posted 22 Apr, 2013 04:51:37 Top
nwein

Thanks, setting the DisplayAlerts to false resolved it (had to set it in all ADX module, XLL COM and RTD).
However the question remains - is this something new that was introduced in the latest build or has the default value for it changed? It never happened before upgrading to the latest ADX (7.2.4055)
Posted 22 Apr, 2013 10:07:03 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Nir,

The previous version of Add-in Express didn't check running hosts during the development. And it was wrong. I will add a check for the LoadBehavior property in the next build.
Posted 24 Apr, 2013 06:41:29 Top