Outlook Sec Manager Installation Failes on Vista Feb CTP

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook Sec Manager Installation Failes on Vista Feb CTP

Martin Wawrusch

Hi,

I do have a serious problem here and need your help. I need to install OSM version 1.5 on a Vista Feb CTP machine but the installation aborts (no error message given). It seems there is a problem with security, despite that I run this as a user with administrator privileges and the Vista special security turned off. My guess is that the registration of secman.dll failes, but I am not sure about it. Any ideas how I can get this running? The machine itself is a clean install, with all other controls (DevExpress,..) installing fine.

Regards,

Martin
Posted 19 Apr, 2006 00:53:06 Top
Martin Wawrusch

To add to the previous post:

Immediately after selecting VS 8 Checkbox and pressing next, an error dialog pops up: ... is looking for a solution... When accepting the error dialog the installation continues and seems to install all files. Then I get the message: secman.dll not found in Commons folder ... and the installation aborts finally.

Posted 19 Apr, 2006 00:57:06 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Martin.

Now we don't support Windows Vista (February CTP). We will support it when it has been released.
Posted 19 Apr, 2006 04:10:16 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Martin, I will download and install Vista Feb CTP and will try to solve the issue. I will let you know about results soon.
Posted 19 Apr, 2006 04:25:44 Top