Use ADX Extensions to Replace Inspector form for Distribution Lists

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Use ADX Extensions to Replace Inspector form for Distribution Lists

Jim Albert

I am trying to use the ADX Extensions product to replace the form that is displayed when the user opens a Distribution list in Outlook. It says in the documentation that you can replace the Explorer and Inspector forms, but I can't find an example of how to do this.

Can someone give me an example of how to do this please.

Thanks
Jim
Posted 15 Apr, 2006 16:13:16 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hello Jim,

Version 1.0 supports embedding into the Explorer window only. However, we have a solution that allows you to embed forms into the Outlook Inspector window. The solution isn't included in version 1.0 since it requires more testing on all Outlook versions and updates. We are planning to add the Inspector functionality in the next version (Version 1.1).

Posted 17 Apr, 2006 08:36:04 Top
Jim Albert

When are you planning on releasing Version 1.1?

The reason I bought this product was because the web site said "...allows you to customize the Outlook folder view (the Outlook Explorer window) and Outlook forms (the Outlook Inspector window) by embedding...".

Do you have a sample project for embedding a form in the Explorer view? I have followed the step-by-step tutorial on doing this and it is not working for me. I am using Outlook XP on 2000 Server using VS 2003.

Thanks
Jim
Posted 17 Apr, 2006 08:47:46 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

> When are you planning on releasing Version 1.1?
Probably this week.

Please, try the sample project HelloWorld that comes with the ADX Extensions for Outlook. You can find it in the QDemo subfolder of the Installation folder. (Default path: C:\Program Files\AfalinaSoft\Add-in Express .NET Extensions for Outlook\QDemo)
You should either call the Register ADX project (right click on the project) or install the HelloWorld sample.

After running Outlook you will see the ADX Extensions for Outlook folder, place the cursor on it and you will see the HelloWorld form.

Let me know about the result.
Posted 17 Apr, 2006 09:44:33 Top
Jim Albert

I'll give that sample a try. I didn't see it when I installed the software.

Will I be notified via email when you release 1.1?

Thanks.
Posted 17 Apr, 2006 09:48:46 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Yes, of course.
Posted 17 Apr, 2006 10:07:18 Top