Error installing Outlook Security Manager

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Ted Reeve

I upgraded to the latest version of Outlook Security Manager today. I'm receiving an error trying to install, "Can't create file". It could be because I didn't uninstall the previous version. How do I uninstall the previous version? It doesn't appear in the windows list of installed programs. I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise SP1. Thanks.
Posted 03 Jul, 2019 12:42:06 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Ted,

It might be installed using a different user account on that machine. Please check this.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 04 Jul, 2019 08:30:05 Top
Dellmo

Thanks Andrei. It's not possible that it was installed by another user. I see all my other 3rd party components in the uninstall list. Either way, do you think this is the reason for the "Can't create file" error? Any suggestions for getting the new version to install?

PS ... this is Ted, the author of the original message, I modified my profile to show my nickname
Posted 04 Jul, 2019 09:17:53 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ted,

May it be that a previous Security Manager version is already uninstalled? It does not exist in the uninstall list, you are the only user of your PC...

As for the "Can't create file" error - probably your product that uses our Security Manager is installed and Outlook running. In this case our redistributable libraries may be loaded and blocked by Outlook. Please check this.
Posted 08 Jul, 2019 04:38:34 Top