WiX Designer: Error after adding "Localized Resources" in File System Editor

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

WiX Designer: Error after adding "Localized Resources" in File System Editor

mio

Dear Add-in Express Team,

we recently began using your WiX Designer for VS2013 and are quite happy with it. Today we tried to add the project's output "Localized Resources" to a WiX Setup using the File System Editor. Trying to build the setup package now leads to the following error:

"ICE64: The directory mio.Documenter.TemplatingAssistant.Satellites is in the user profile but is not listed in the RemoveFile table."

We took a quick look at the XSLTs which the designer adds to the setup project but could not find a promising starting point.

Can you give us directions on how to correctly add "Localized Resources" output to a WiX Setup? Please let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks in advance,
Fabian
Posted 25 Nov, 2014 05:01:26 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Fabian,

Did you add the project output under the 'Application Folder' root folder in the 'File System' editor?
Posted 25 Nov, 2014 09:24:19 Top
mio

Hi Sergey,

thanks for your reply. Actually we are installing into the "User's Application Data Folder", so we added the Localized Resources output to the Add-in's "root folder" (the one which contains the main project output/taget file, ADX loader, ADX assemblies, interops, etc.). It is listed in the "Primary outputs" section, right above the "Product component" section which contains assemblies, etc.

Regards,
Fabian
Posted 26 Nov, 2014 03:49:03 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Fabian,

Please try to move your files to 'Application Folder' and set the 'DefaultLocation' property of the folder to
'[AppDataFolder][Manufacturer]<ProductName>'. It will be same target folder but you will not get WiX errors.
Posted 26 Nov, 2014 04:39:29 Top
mio

Hi Sergey,

thanks for the quick reply. Putting only the "Localized resouces" project output into the "Application Folder", and re-mapping the folder to '[LocalAppDataFolder][Manufacturer]<ProductName>' seems to work (I'm still awaiting feedback from the test user). I will let you know if we run into any issues.

Regards,
Fabian
Posted 03 Dec, 2014 04:10:40 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Fabian,

Thank you for the update. Let me know if you face any other difficulties.
Posted 03 Dec, 2014 10:53:47 Top