vdproj to WiX Converter - Not registering my Add-in Express for IE component

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

vdproj to WiX Converter - Not registering my Add-in Express for IE component

Don Tompkins

Hello, I ran the vdproj to WiX converter tool on my 2010 setup project and when I install the application using the new MSI file it is not registering my Add-In Express for IE component. Can you please tell me what I need to do to make sure my component gets registered?

Thanks!

Don Tompkins
Databound Solutions, Inc
Posted 27 Jan, 2014 13:19:35 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Don,

You need to make sure that the setup program is running under with elevated privileges. Do you get UAC popup when you run setup.exe?
Posted 28 Jan, 2014 09:41:12 Top
Don Tompkins

I am not getting the UAC popup. I tried installing the version that was created with the vdproj on my test PC and the add-on was properly registered within IE and working. After uninstalling and verifying that all components were unregistered I went ahead and installed the version that was converted using the vdproj to WiX converter and that copy did not register the add-on with IE.
Posted 30 Jan, 2014 06:43:49 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Don,

Please run setup.exe (created via wix project) and install the add-on again. Then please send me adxregistrator.log file on the support e-mail. The log is located in the '<User's profile folder>\Documents\Add-in Express' directory.
Posted 30 Jan, 2014 11:26:16 Top