MAPI Accessor - Exchnage 2010

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

MAPI Accessor - Exchnage 2010
response was very slow 
Nelly HASCOET

Hi,

Our plugin use MAPI accessor to get the properties of an adress entries with the following function : "GetProperties(ByVal outlookObject As Object, ByVal tags() As AddinExpress.MAPI.ADXMAPIPropertyTag) As Object()"

Generally, that works, but on a customer Pc, this method was very slow.
This computer is on Windows 7 and have Outlook 2010 (32 bit)
We see just one difference with the others customers : Their mail server is "Exchange 2010".

Is this may be related ?

For information, we install an other version of our plugin, which use Redemption (64bit proof), instead of MAPI accessor. With this plugin, we don't have any issue of slowness.
Posted 05 Dec, 2011 07:38:46 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Nelly,

Frankly speaking, I have never tested the http://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/mapi-store-events.php component against Exchange server 2010. However, I would like to admit that Extended MAPI notifications have some limitations in case a profile with the exchange server involved. The first is that you will encounter a delay (for you to have a complete picture, it may take 30 minutes!!!). The other is that sometimes e-mail notifications may be missing if to close and then re-open Outlook. Both cases relate to the cached exchange mode. That is why I can say it may depend on the Exchange server too. Did you try to test both Exchange server modes? Do you get the same results in both cases?

The possible difference is that Redemption may use an opened Outlook item when the MAPI Store Accessor opens its own instance of the item separately.
Posted 05 Dec, 2011 08:07:21 Top
Nelly HASCOET

Thanks for your quick answer.
Posted 05 Dec, 2011 08:16:51 Top