Problems with Security Manager 2010 for Microsoft Outlook and TS/Citrix

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Problems with Security Manager 2010 for Microsoft Outlook and TS/Citrix
Citrix and Terminalserver connection problem with Citrix and Windows Terminal Server 
Andreas May

Hello Community,

I have a problem with Security Manager 2010 for Microsoft Outlook and Windows Terminal Server / Citrix.

On some computers, it takes an extremely long time until the Outlook Security can connect with Outlook. I wrote a small program to test the connection time. On some computers, especially under Citrix, it takes sometimes more than 15 minutes until the connection was.

I've noticed this also following post*, unfortunately, this could not really solve my problem. The connection time is not reduced significantly. With Windows Terminal Server, this effect was not always reached.

Is the problem may already known and are there any settings at Citrix which could be responsible?

Many thanks in advance

*Links:

http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=9921
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office-2003-resource-kit/how-office-performs-certificate-revocation-HA001140308.aspx
Posted 17 Nov, 2011 02:36:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andreas,

Since we haven't heard about a delay when calling a certain property of the Outlook Security Manager, I assume you talk about the delay at add-in startup as the links suggest. Am I correct?

If yes, please check the times in a log file typically located in [My ]Documents\Add-in Express\adxloader.log.

If no, please provide more information about the scenario.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 17 Nov, 2011 02:54:49 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

I'm sorry for the confusion: this is a problem of the Security Manager. In a moment, I'll send you a download link for a test version that fixes this.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 17 Nov, 2011 05:56:06 Top
Andreas May

Hello Mr. Smolin,

Thank you for the very quick help!
I will try it and then report back whether it worked.
Posted 17 Nov, 2011 07:17:18 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andreas,

Please let me know whether the fix works fine wor you. And please call me Andrei :)

Andrei Smolin
Posted 17 Nov, 2011 07:25:31 Top