IE9 and other questions

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

IE9 and other questions

Michael White

I'm thinking of purchasing Add-In-Express (Internet Explorer) and I was wondering if I bought the Standard edition of the tool would I receive a free upd ate that would accommodate IE9, or would that be a separate purchase?

Also, I have a general question about AIE's capabilities. I need to generate a dynamic toolbar. So user X has a bar that looks one way and user Y has a bar that looks another (in features as well as display). Is this possible via configuration, or would I have to recompile a new toolbar for each user? Example: If each user had her configuration options set in a database somewhere, could I create a toolbar that would make an HTTP request to grab that person's se ttings and then resize/move buttons, and other controls, and re-skin (with cached or remote images) on the fly? Or would I have to do all of this at compile time?

Thanks!
Mike
Posted 23 Dec, 2010 07:39:18 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Michael,

Beta support for IE9 will be added in January, 2011 and it will be a free minor upgrade for all packages, including Standard. Full support for IE9 will be added later, after the public release of IE9. Most likely it will be added in a new major version of Add-in Express, which will be free for Professional and Premium packages with active subscriptions, and it will come with a 50% discount for Standard packages.

You don't need to compile your toolbar each time you want to change the layout of the GUI. You can do the same things as you do with a regular windows forms application. These is no difference in developing an Add-in Express based toolbar for Internet Explorer and a winforms app. Also you can re-size and re-arrange your controls on the fly.
Posted 23 Dec, 2010 08:17:34 Top
Michael White

Eugene,

Thanks for the quick reply! That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

On a side note, I'd like to complement you and your team on an excellent website. You've done a great job promoting your products, responding to questions, providing demos, and pushing for conversion :) I commend you!

I'll be making a purchase later today.

Thanks!
Posted 23 Dec, 2010 08:29:21 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Thank you for the kind feedback, Michael! We really appreciate it!

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.
Posted 23 Dec, 2010 08:44:19 Top