Two buttons next to each other on Command Bar

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Two buttons next to each other on Command Bar

semantique

Hi there,

we need a solution that adds two buttons to the command bar on installation and assures that they are next to each other at all times.

We would like to achieve the following:
User added an image

also the two buttons need to get access to each other's events and be able to update the background images.

Can you provide us with a solution for this problem please?

Thanks.
Posted 21 Jun, 2010 07:47:06 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Vincent,

If you talk about adding such buttons to a custom toolbar, then I don't see any problems. But, if you talk about adding the buttons to the CommandBar toolbar, I'd say you cannot do this. Say, although you can add two buttons, you cannot do anything in case the user decides to hide one of them or change its position among other controls on the built-in IE toolbar. Also, you cannot add a separator yourself or prevent the user from adding/removing/moving the separator.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 21 Jun, 2010 08:04:55 Top
semantique

Hi Andrei,

Ok. got your point. I do still have couple of questions I am struggling with it would be really appreciated if you look into

1. I want to show something like dropdown but it should be html not winform so that designer can customize the look-n-feel easily. To achieve this what i did is I added a winform and then dropped and webbrowser control over it. Removed borders and docked to fill. Now the question is can what is the best way to show the form just below the button so that it can feel like dropdown? ( question in other way : how can i find position of button? is there some property available for it?)

2. While showing form it automatically focuses on browser back instead of newly created form. so it provides bad user experience. How can i stop this flikering?

Any help will be appreciated.

Спасибо!

Vincent
Posted 22 Jun, 2010 04:17:55 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Vincent,

Can you send me a sample project that demonstrates what you've just said?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 22 Jun, 2010 06:32:20 Top