ISSUE: When Uninstall and reinstall my SETUP then my addon is not loaded on IE11

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ISSUE: When Uninstall and reinstall my SETUP then my addon is not loaded on IE11
Charles Tapiero

Hello,

After few tests on few machine with windows 7, I get a major issue:
The first setup is working well but when I uninstall and reinstall my setup (that I modified) to show my custom toolbar on IE11 the toolbal is not displayed and I check that the adddon is not loaded.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Charles
Posted 07 Mar, 2016 22:39:49 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Charles,

After you reinstall your add-on, start IE via the "Run as administrator" command and send me copies of these files:
-{My Documents}\Add-in Express\adxregistrator.log in the profile of the user who runs the installer
-{My Documents}\Add-in Express\adxloader.log in the profile of the user who starts IE

Please send the files to the support email address, see {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),‎

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 09 Mar, 2016 03:30:13 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you, Charles.

Will the same issue occur on a newly created add-on with no code? If yes, please send me that project for testing.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 09 Mar, 2016 04:18:45 Top
Charles Tapiero

Hi Andrei,

I checked that there is NO issue if I create an addon with no code

Best regards,

Charles
Posted 09 Mar, 2016 05:26:15 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Then the problem seemingly relates to your code or installer.

To check if the add-on gets uninstalled correctly, change the uninstall and rollback custom actions of the installer so that they produce adxregistrator.log in locations other than the log created by the Install action.

Please find details in section "Get details about plug-in registration/unregistration", see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in ‎Express}\Docs on your development PC.‎

Then install the add-in for the first time and update it. Will this create log files for the Uninstalll and Rollback actions? Will the logs contains errors/warnings?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 09 Mar, 2016 06:40:20 Top
Charles Tapiero

Andrei,

Concerning my code I checked that it runs well for the first installation. The problem is when I unsinstall and I reinstall there is no registration on the same machine. The same setup will work well on others Machine for the first time. It is very strange.

2 questions:
1- how do you modify the log path for unsinstallation?
2- I saw on forum in may topics, once have the same deployment issue. Could you drive me please to the possible resolution you proceed for other users?

Best regards,

Charles
Posted 09 Mar, 2016 08:28:27 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Charles,

Below is a citation form that section:

The process of registration/unregistration is documented in a log file, the default location of which is {user profile}\Documents\Add-in Express\adxregistrator.log. The registrator supports the /LogFileLocation switch that allows you to specify the path and file name of the log file.

Specifying different files for adxregistrator.exe called in the Install, Rollback and Uninstall custom actions will show what exactly occurs when you uninstall the add-on for the first time.

Charles Tapiero writes:
2- I saw on forum in may topics, once have the same deployment issue. Could you drive me please to the possible resolution you proceed for other users?

Please point me to that topic. Anyway, looking at the log is the first step as I see this issue. Please provide the logs and it will be possible to know where to move next.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 09 Mar, 2016 08:36:57 Top