Manage Add-Ons

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Manage Add-Ons
Internet Explorer Add-Ons Menu 
andrew.helgeland

Hey guys,

So, I have a code-signing certificate that I'm using to sign my toolbar project's .dll and .msi files, however, after installing my toolbar it shows up under the (Not Verified)Default Company AND Not Available headings in Internet Explorer's Manage Add-Ons menu.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Andrew
Posted 18 Jan, 2013 08:43:43 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Andrew,

Did you sign adxloader.dll and axloader64.dll files?
What the file is set in the 'File:' field of the 'More Information' dialog of your add-on?
Is it adxloader(64).dll?
Posted 18 Jan, 2013 10:02:08 Top
andrew.helgeland

Yes, the 'File:' is adxloader.dll.

I've tried signing it, but it gives an error while attempting to sign: Access is denied.

This also causes the "version" number, along with all the other info, to be about adxloader.dll. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks!
Posted 18 Jan, 2013 11:07:53 Top
andrew.helgeland

So, the access is denied error was because they were read-only. I added a post build step to remove the read-only flags and then sign all 3 .dll's.

The add-on still appears under "Not Available".
Posted 18 Jan, 2013 16:18:03 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Andrew,

I have just tested it with our signature. All works fine.
Please right click on the adxloader.dll file in Windows Explorer and choose 'Properties'. Do you see the 'Digital Sygnatures' tab with your signature?
Note, you need to sign adxloader(64).dll located in the Loader subfolder of your project. Then you register the project and adxloader(64).dll is copied to the output folder by the Add-in Express package.
Posted 19 Jan, 2013 07:25:14 Top
andrew.helgeland

Sorry, this was my fault. I was just doing some stuff wrong, all good now though.

Thanks!
Posted 24 Jan, 2013 11:14:39 Top