Enable Toolbar after install

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Enable Toolbar after install

Robert Stanley

Hello,
I created a ADX IE Toolbar project and it works great but its not enabled after install. How can I enable it after install? Is there a registry key or some command I can run to enable it?

I had to go with the toolbar project template because when I used the Add-on template and added the toolbar object we had some issues with some of our internal sites.

So is there some other command or application that can help us enable the toolbar after install?

Thanks,
Robert
Posted 20 Aug, 2012 09:49:31 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Robert,

Do you speak about the notification bar in Internet Explorer (see a screenshot below)?

User added an image

If so, there is no setting to skip this dialog.
Posted 20 Aug, 2012 10:43:11 Top
Robert Stanley

Yes I'm getting this message when I right click on IE and click on my toolbar name.

User added an image

So I can't enable it through a command line or registry key?
Posted 20 Aug, 2012 11:09:56 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Robert,

It looks like you missed the message prompt (shown on the screenshot I posted in my previous answer) or choose "Don't enable". Am I right? And then, when you try to enable the toolbar in IE, you get such dialog. There is no way to enable it via command line or using registry keys.
Posted 20 Aug, 2012 11:21:59 Top
Robert Stanley

We are still using IE 8 and your using IE 9 so its a little different so I don't get the dialog in your screenshot. So there is no way to enable the toolbar once its installed?
Posted 20 Aug, 2012 11:37:01 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Robert,

There is not any way to avoid this dialog. It is by design in IE. Please try to use the 'Advanced Bars' feature of Add-in Express. 'Advanced Bars' don't suffer with this issue. Moreover, you will able to drag-n-drop your toolbar between four layouts.
Posted 21 Aug, 2012 04:09:12 Top