adxieContextMenu onClick events never fire

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Aidan Redpath

Context menu items never trigger the onClick event or the onClickEx event. I am using windows 7 and IE 9. I have 'Enable third-party browser extensioins' set and 'Allow active content to run in files on My Computer' set too. Neither of them made a difference.

Is there any other settings that need to be set in IE or is there a problem with add-in express?
Posted 30 Jul, 2012 09:28:45 Top
Aidan Redpath

I am currently using 2 screens. I just found out that the context menu item works on the main screen but doesn't work on the second screen. Is there any way to fix this?
Posted 30 Jul, 2012 09:40:38 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Aidan,

I have just created a new add-on project with a context menu item added. It works like a charm on my PC with two monitors turned on. What version and build number of Add-in Express do you use? May I see the adxloader.log file from the problematic PC? Typically you can find the log files in the <My Documents>\Add-in Express folder.

Is the Protected mode enabled in Internet Explorer?
Posted 30 Jul, 2012 11:55:25 Top
Aidan Redpath

Hey Eugene,
I'm using Add-in Express version 9.20.00.0 and no I protected mode is not enabled. I have tried moving the screen around and switch which screen is the main one. This only seems to happen when the main screen is on the right and the secondary screen is no the left.
I also sent you the log file.
Thanks
Posted 30 Jul, 2012 12:19:53 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Aidan,

The latest build of Add-in Express is 8.0.5064. Please check out the http://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/adxnet-ie.php section of our web site. So, what version and build number of Add-in Express do you have installed on the PC?
Posted 30 Jul, 2012 12:23:37 Top
Aidan Redpath

Oh I made a mistake. The I'm using 8.0.5064 (the latest version)
Posted 30 Jul, 2012 12:26:00 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Aidan,

Sorry for the delay in my response. It took some time for me to get research on the issue.

But I wasn't able to reproduce the issue on my two-screens configuration with Windows 7 x64 installed. I tested context menu items in both editions of Internet Explorer 9 - x86 and x64. How can I reproduce the issue?

Could you please provide me with a sample add-on project? The required steps and screenshots for reproducing the issue are much appreciated.
Posted 03 Aug, 2012 05:39:15 Top
Aidan Redpath

I have two screens with the one on the right being the main one. I have a context menu item with context of text/selected in my addin. When I run IE in my left screen and right click the OnCreateContextMenu event is triggered. I then try to click the menu item and nothing happens. This error only happens this way. It doesn't occur with the browser in the other screen or when the screens are in different positions(ie. main one on left, top or bottom...). I have tried this in a virtual machine and was unable to reproduce it. I am using IE 9, Windows 7 and a 64-bit system.

Thanks
Posted 07 Aug, 2012 05:34:10 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Aidan,

I've just created a new sample add-on and wasn't able to reproduce the issue even on the left screen (the main one was on the right monitor). What web page (URL) did you use for testing? Where did you click on the page?

Could you please organize a remote session? I will take a look at the issue online.
Posted 07 Aug, 2012 07:57:54 Top