Expected delivery date of Delphi2006 versions?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Expected delivery date of Delphi2006 versions?

MRyan

Is there an ETA on the Delphi 2006 version of AddinExpress and the Outlook Security Manager?
These are the last holdouts on my component list before I can migrate.

Thanks,
M.
Posted 02 Jan, 2006 01:32:54 Top
Wim W.A. ten Brink

Workshop Alex

Am interested in this too. I would like to migrate to D2006 ASAP. Then again, several other companies still haven't provided any D2006 versions of their products either so I'm not in a real hurry.
With kind regards,
\/\//\ Workshop Alex
Posted 04 Jan, 2006 07:50:37 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Mike and Wim,

I think we will publish the version for BDS 2006 next week.

Posted 04 Jan, 2006 11:54:43 Top
Fernando Madruga

Just curious: 3 weeks ago you said "netx week we'll publish a BDS 2006 compatible build"; why is it taking so long? Is a new version with new features coming out or will you simply recompile the current version and make the proper changes to the instalation?

Bye,
Fernando Madruga
Posted 05 Jan, 2006 10:54:57 Top

Jeesh... Calm it down. You are foolish for banking on software release dates that are per the software developer's expectations, so back off and give these guys a break. They work tirelessly for their customers and I'm sure that the delay is so that they don't give you some untested piece of code for you to then complain about later.

Patience....You'll get it 'when its done'.

Vlad
Posted 05 Jan, 2006 11:03:23 Top
Fernando Madruga

If they did at least say if they're releasing a "new" version or simply a 2.3 version for BDS 2006, then I'd be able to better understand (or not!) the delay... :)

But, as I've said before, I'm in no real rush, since I did manage to have it running on BDS 2006 on my own, so I can wait for it to "be done"... :)
Posted 06 Jan, 2006 18:05:00 Top

You don't need to 'understand' the delay. The fact is that you are ultimately responsible for your clients, etc. and if you are willing to play on the bleeding edge with the latest Borland releases, and expect everyone to play along with you up to the second, that's YOUR decision. You are probably doing a disservice to your customers and yourself. There is no need to rush. Good things take time.

Vlad
Posted 10 Jan, 2006 13:39:56 Top
Eugene Starostin

Hello Fernando,
Hello Mike,
Hello Wim,

Add-in Express VCL 2.4 has just been published. See the download section of our website.
Posted 10 Jan, 2006 14:00:00 Top

Hi Vlad: just a couple notes so you can better understand my remarks...

My main surprise regarding the delay in putting out a BDS 2006 compatible version was that they seemed to have done most of the hard work because they released (for the Borland Companion DVD) a TRIAL version for BDS 2006! They had it WORKING on BDS 2006, so *WHAT* was the reason for not having *their* customers have the full version too? It was about a month between the time they released the trial and the time they released the full version, and that month is what I don't understand! I do understand that they have their own priorities, but this is almost like going from home to work across the whole city and then, misteriously, stopping at the open office door... So close, but not there yet...

That's what this "confusion" is all about: how could it possibly take them so long as they even had to work on the installer for the trial! As for "doing a disservice to your customers", well, that is my call and you probably haven't tried BDS 2006, or you'd not be saying so! As far as I'm concerned, it's VERY stable (0 crashes in over a month), VERY fast and has some VERY nice new features that once you try you won't be able to get along without! Unlike BDS 2005, Borland DID get it right this time!

Just to let you know what the fuss was all about... :)

Bye,
Fernando Madruga
Posted 12 Jan, 2006 19:23:26 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Dear Fernando,
Dear Vlad,

Could you please continue (if you are going to) the discussion via personal e-mail. Thank you in advance.

Posted 13 Jan, 2006 08:04:30 Top