Can't create an Outlook Add-in

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Can't create an Outlook Add-in
Problems just started to happen... 
Myles Wakeham

I have AddInExpress 2.4 installed in Delphi 7. I've been creating Add-ins for Outlook with no problems before, but I decided to start a new project today, went to the New -> Other -> Add-In Express -> Outlook Add-in.... Gave it all the settings I would normally give, and then got the 'Ready to create' window for the Wizard. Clicked FINISH to create the project and open it and its just stuck there.

It has created all the files EXCEPT the TLB file. Of course when I go to open what it did create in D7, it complains that it doesn't have the TLB file.

What's going on here?

Myles
Posted 04 Apr, 2007 21:35:25 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Myles,

A bit strange situation. What file was not created, <ProjectName.tlb> or <ProjectName_TLB.pas>? What operating system do you have installed?

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.

Posted 05 Apr, 2007 10:23:00 Top
Myles Wakeham

The file that wasn't created was the .TLB file. I have the ProjectName_TLB.pas file, but not the .TLB file.

This is running on Windows XP SP2, with MS Office 2003 Professional installed. Standard D7 (latest updates). I also have BDS2006 installed on this machine, but I'm still using D7 for most of my coding.

Myles
Posted 05 Apr, 2007 12:20:03 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Myles,

Please try to install Add-in Express version 2.7 and let me know about the results.

Posted 05 Apr, 2007 12:37:01 Top